When you have some homemade lemon curd left behind, it is best to serve them with some scones.
I love this scone recipe. It is so easy, simple and quick. The buttery biscuits are made with heavy whipping cream, which give them a distinct cream flavor.
Neither too sweet nor too buttery. Great for a perfect afternoon tea!
This post is also linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Grace from Life can be simple at this post.
Make a dozen
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tbsp Natvia
1 tbsp + 1 tsp baking powder
1/2 stick salted butter
1/2 cup heavy cream, more for brushing
1 tbsp vanilla
2 cold eggs
Homemade lemon curd
Powdered sugar, optional
How to make lemon cream scone:
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, Natvia and baking powder. Add cubed cold butter and cut into the flour to form coarse crumbs.
- In another bowl, add cream, vanilla and eggs. Whisk well and pour over the flour mixture.
- Stir using a fork until combine. It should be sticky. Turn the dough onto a well floured surface and form a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Once chilled, roll the dough into 1/2" thick and cut out circles using a 2" cookie cutter.
- Transfer the scones onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush the tops with heavy cream. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until risen and golden brown.
- Serve with homemade lemon curd and dust it with powdered sugar.
With all my love <3