Sometimes called the brick toast, honey toast box is a dessert originated from Taiwan, which is found commonly at Taiwanese cafe and also Japanese cafe.
They are usually composed of thick cut toast with spread of butter and honey, top with sweet ornaments such as ice cream, whipped cream, fruits or even chocolate sticks.
Let's make a healthy homemade version. I have use salted butter and honey, because I like the sweet and salt combination; fresh strawberries and blueberries, but feel free to use blackberries; and completes with a scoop of delicious cookies & cream ice cream.
This post is linked to Cook and Celebrate: Chinese New Year 2016 organised by Yen from GoodyFoodies Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids.
This post is part of the monthly link up party Our Growing Edge. This event aims to connect food bloggers and inspire us to try new things. This month is hosted by Chinelo at Good Cake Day.Serve 4
4 slices of thick cut toast
1/4 cup salted butter, melted
1/4 cup honey
Berries of your choice
1 scoop of your favourite ice cream
Sweetened condensed milk, to serve
How to make honey toast box:
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Leave one slice of bread whole. Slice off the middle of the rest of the bread to get a total of 3 squares, leaving about 1/4 inch around the edges. Cut them into bread cubes.
- Melt butter in microwave. Brush the crusts and bread cube deliberately with melted butter and honey. Place them on prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain the berries.
- To assemble, transfer the uncut toast on the bottom. Place the crust on top following one another. Fill the inside with mini bread cubes and top with ice cream, decorate with berries and drizzle with sweetened condensed milk.
With all my love <3