As Christmas is just around the corner, there have been a lot of festive pastries such as gingerbread cookies, stollen and panettone.
I want to make good use of them so I come up with an ice cream cake idea, using a no-machine ice cream recipe that can be easily whipped up in just a few minutes.
For this recipe, it is just a matter of layering and adding a bold of flavors. Think it as a trifle, you can add chopped nuts, dried fruits or even candies to the ice cream base to make it your way!
This post is linked to Cook and Celebrate: Christmas 2015 organised by Yen from GoodyFoodies Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids.
This post is part of the monthly link up party Our Growing Edge. This event aims to connect food bloggers and inspire us to try new things. This month is hosted by Jazz at Dash of Jazz.
Adapted from Bigger Bolder Baking
Make 6" cake
8oz (1 cup) heavy whipping cream
7oz (1/2 cup) sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate crunch, finely chopped
How to make panettone ice cream cake:
- Slice off the panettone cap. Slice the remaining in half and then each in half again. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Pour in condensed milk and stir in vanilla. Beat for another minutes until combined.
- Add finely chopped chocolate crunch and gently fold into ice cream base with a spatula.
- In prepared cake tin, place a dollop of ice cream base. Place a layer of panettone and repeat the layers.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 8 hours or overnight. When serve, garnish with more chopped chocolate crunch.
With all my love <3