Sometimes, if you don't fancy about the complicated French Apple Tart, a more rustic version may satisfy your lazy sweettooth.
See that cold vanilla ice cream? It is melting over the hot apple pie!
I love this rustic crostata more than my French Apple Tart. Not to mention it is quick and easy, but also best to serve for ONE! Too naughty but the pie crust is made with Natvia, lower calorie. It's okay!
Make 2 mini rustic pies
For the crust
120g (1 stick) unsalted butter
150g (1 1/4 cup) all purpose flour
1 tbsp Natvia
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp ice water
For the filling
1 gala apple
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sugar
1 egg yolk + 1 tbsp water, for egg wash
Vanilla ice cream, to serve
How to make apple crostata or apple rustic pie:
- To make the pie crust, refer to my French Apple Tart recipe.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice gala apple into thin slices. Toss in lemon juice if desire.
- Place the crust on the baking sheet. Arrange apple slices and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Brush the surface with egg wash.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve hot, preferably with vanilla ice cream.
With all my love <3