Just in case you forgot what I have previously made, original lemon madeleines in these mold, this time I baked these mini French cakes in form of their traditional sea shells instead.
SOOOO sooo sooo upset about the weak indentations, but I told myself it's alright because the powdered sugar will cover the flaws anyway.
This recipe is adapted from justonecookbook. I love all her matcha green tea recipes so as this one. With the substitution of Natvia and a bit of vanilla, these madeleines turn out not too bad.
Next time I will try to make bigger ones with my beautiful sea shell for better appearance.
Make 24 madeleines
133g (2/3 cup) Natvia
120g (1 cup) all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp Matcha powder
1 tbsp whole milk
1 tsp vanilla
113g (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 tbsp powdered sugar, optional
How to make matcha green tea madeleine:
- In a large bowl, combine Natvia, sifted flour, salt, baking powder and matcha powder. Whisk well.
- In another bowl, add eggs and milk. Whisk until frothy. Add to the flour mixture and stir to combine, using a spatula.
- Gradually add in melted butter, half at a time, until blended and smooth.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm and refrigerate to rest for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 190C.
- Grease and flour madeleine pans with 1 tablespoon melted butter and flour respectively.
- Remove the better from the fridge and fill each mold with 1 tablespoon batter. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until edges turn lightly brown and set.
- Wait for 3 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool. To serve, dust it with powdered sugar.
With all my love <3