If peaches are in season, I will definitely recommend using fresh ones.
Look at those peach slices which have been wonderfully arranged. I am proud to present them :)
And the yellow cornmeal gives its yellowish colour, just like a typical sponge cake.
The honey glaze has added moisture to the edges of the cornmeal cake as additional garnish.
Credits to Natvia!
This post is linked to the event, Cook & Celebrate: CNY organised by organised by Yen from Eat your heart out, Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids.
This post is part of the monthly link up party Our Growing Edge. This event aims to connect food bloggers and inspire us to try new things. This month is hosted by Kim at Love Live Life by Kim.
Make 8" round cake
130g (1 cup) all purpose flour
110g (3/4 cup) cornmeal
200g (1 cup) Natvia
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
120ml (1/2 cup) whole milk
4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla
2 peaches, sliced
For honey glaze
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tbsp warm water
zest of 1 lemon, optional
How to make honey glazed and peach cornmeal cake:
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 8" springform cake tin and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, cornmeal, Natvia, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Mix until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, beaten eggs, melted butter and vanilla. Pour the wet into the dry ingredients. Using a spatula, fold gently until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into prepared cake tin and arrange peach slices in circular form.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, combine all glaze ingredients. When the cake is done, remove it from the oven and brush the top thoroughly with honey glaze. Let cool completely before serve.
With all my love <3