, , , , ,

♥ Matchamisu (aka Green Tea Tiramisu) ♥



Don't know you, but I have a big obsession with tiramisu. The creamy mascarpone cheese layer with coffee flavor just excelled all other trifles or cheesecake, and personally I really enjoy my eggless version. This week, I worked with my original tiramisu recipe again and gave it a Japanese kick!
For matcha freaks out there, say yay!



In this recipe, matcha powder is used instead of cocoa powder; a homemade matcha syrup is also used in replace of coffee. I have also tried a condensed milk version and if your trying out this recipe, watch out for the level of caffine!

You'll need:
2 tbsp matcha powder
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp rum
100ml hot water

250g mascarpone cheese
1/4 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
20 ladyfingers

matcha powder, for dusting

How to make green tea matcha tiramisu:
  1. Prepare green tea syrup, dissolve green tea powder, sugar and rum in hot water. Set side to cool.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together mascarpone cheese, condensed milk.
  3. To assemble, place lady fingers and spoon syrup over them. Dollop cheese mixture on top. Repeat the process until final layer of cheese and dust with matcha powder.
  4. Chill overnight, scoop and serve.
With all my love <3
Share:

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andre,

    Your Italian-Japanese creation looks very pretty and delicious.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete