Recently got a request on making a sugar free high protein cookies. Alright I gotta figure it out soon. While constantly testing out all kinds of recipes (in mind), I tend to notice that riped banana will not only add sweetness to cookies, but also levels up the protein content. With the addition of using my homemade oat flour, these little cookies are absolutely gluten free! They are best eaten on the day when they're freshly made. After a day later, serve them in cold milk and you have an amazing banana bread like oatmeal/cereal breakfast!
In the recipe I have used grapeseed oil. You can also use semi solid coconut oil for a coconut kick. I did exclude the egg yolk to healthify the GF recipe (that make sense right?) and made my own oat flour. *For a cup of oat flour, you will need equal cup of rolled oats and process them in blender or food processor until fine powder formed. That easy isn't it?
Make 16 cookies
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
1 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
1 large banana, mashed
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
*1 cup oat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
How to make gluten free banana oatmeal cookies:
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, add oil, honey, egg white, vanilla and mashed banana. Whisk until combined.
- Add wet into dry ingredients. Fold in rolled oats.
- Drop 1 tbsp batter onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until edges turn golden brown.
- Let cool and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
With all my love <3