Doughnuts! Donuts! No one here matter about the correct spellings. As long as these donuts are puffy and sweet! Do you still remember my cinnamon sugar churros recipe? It is different from this donut recipe because yeast is added and the dough need time to rise before getting into the hot oil bathe.
Serve them fresh after an hour of frying. Nom nom :)
1 envelope (7g) yeast
3/4 cup full fat milk, lukewarm
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/6 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/8 tsp salt
vegetable oil, for frying
1/2 cup granulated sugar, for coating
8 tbsp strawberry jam
How to make jelly donuts:
- In a small bowl, add warmed milk and sprinkle over yeast with 1 tsp of sugar. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine melted butter, egg, sugar. Add foamed yeast and whisk until incorporated.
- Add flour and salt, using a dough hook, mix and knead the dough for 4-5 minutes or until it is nice and smooth.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover with plastic cling film. Place it somewhere warm and let it rise until double in size. It may take 2-3 hours.
- Once doubled, turn the dough onto lightly floured surface. Roll the dough into 1/2'' thick and using a 3.5'' cutter, cut out donuts and place them on floured baking sheet.
- Cover them with a lint free towel. Allow the donuts to rise double in size again.
Meanwhile, heat a big pot of vegetable oil to 180C.
- Lower risen donuts into hot oil and fry them for about 3 minutes on each side or until puffed and golden brown. Take them off the oil and place on paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Place sugar in a shallow dish and coat donuts, allow them to cool enough to handle.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with your smallest tip with strawberry jam. Insert tip into one side of the donut and fill the jam until halfway through the interior.
- Dip them again in sugar before serving.
With all my love <3