I have recently bought a silicon mini bundt cake case. It is very convenient without the need to grease + flour the pan when making bundt cakes. I have thought of baking red velvet, chocolate or lemon bundt cake. But staring at that bunch of bananas for weeks, they finally came over-ripped! Woohoo! Time for some banana cake!
Banana bread / cake is always best to serve warm, or with some chocolate. I swirled some Nutella spread in the recipe and voila~ they turn out perfect. If you're eating banana & Nutella toast for breakfast, you should make these for a little twist for a bright morning.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
2 eggs, at room temperature
4 bananas, mashed
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup Nutella
How to make banana mini bundt cakes:
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and flour bundt pans if not using silicon style. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set side.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, mashed bananas, sugar, oil. Whisk well. Add dry ingredients to the wet, and fold until well combined.
- Separate 1/4 of batter in a medium bowl and add Nutella, stir until it turns chocolatey.
- Divide cake batter between mini bundt, followed by chocolate batter. Swirl with butter knife.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in pan and turn upside down on wire rack to cool completely.
(You may want to serve warm at this stage, sprinkle with icing sugar if desired.)
With all my love <3