Back to my yogurt cake. This recipe is so easy without the use of any electric nor standing mixer. The batter can be easily whipped up using an old-school wooden spoon and the flavor can be changed by substituting another fruit based yogurt. And for a much super-fast way, you can use self-rising flour instead and omit the teaspoon of baking powder. A last dollop of flavored whipped cream will make you like a genius baker for sure.
Make 6 mini cupcakes
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 medium eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup passion fruit yogurt
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup flavorless oil
For whipped cream frosting
1 cup cold whipping cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
1-2 tbsps icing sugar
1/3 cup chilled bitter orange marmalade jam
How to make passion fruit yogurt cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 180C. Prepare 6 mini cupcakes liners or line a muffin tin with paper cups. Set aside.
(Alternatively, you can grease the pan with vegetable oil)
- In a large mixing bowl, add sugar, eggs, vanilla and yogurt. Mix until combined.
- Sift in flour, salt and baking powder. Stir well. Add in vegetable oil and mix well.
- Divide batter into prepared cupcake liners. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting them.
How to make orange marmalde whipped cream:
- Place mixing bowl and wire whisk in freezer for 15 minutes. Then place all ingredients in cold bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Cover and refrigerate before using. Pipe on cupcakes.
With all my love <3