I promise you this is going to be the last pumpkin recipe of this month. The Halloween season can never be successful unless you make at least one pumpkin treats. And I bet you this is going to be the one you need! Cream cheese will no longer filled in a cake roll as an ornament but it turns out to be the character of these cake bars. With a hint of pumpkin pie spice that goes into the sponge, these cake bars will definitely become a hit at your party!
Adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything
Make 16 squares
Cream cheese layer:1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)1 cup sugar1 egg1/3 cup vegetable oil1 cup all-purpose flour1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
How to make pumpkin cream cheese bars:
- Preheat oven to 190C. Spray a 8x8" baking pan with cooking spray and line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- For the cream cheese layer:
Blend together softened cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- For the cake layer:
Combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside
- In a separate bowl, mix together the pumpkin, sugar, egg and oil until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan, and spread to cover bottom of pan.
- Add dollops of the cream cheese mixture over the batter. Cut through the batter with a knife.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack and cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator.
With all my love <3