This is such an extraordinary loaf of banana bread. It doesn't take up much fat (just 1/3 cup) but natural ones from bananas. The sugar content is also lowered with substitution of Natural Sweetener Natvia.
Sounds great huh?
For a better result, VERY ripe bananas are a must. I mean, they should be at least half browned, squishy and mushy. Try this easy-to-whip-up one bowl recipe now!
Credit to Natvia!
This post is part of the monthly link up party Our Growing Edge. This event aims to connect food bloggers and inspire us to try new things. This month is hosted by Francesca at Fearless Kitchen.
Adapted from Simply Recipes
Make 1 loaf
For banana bread
3 ripe banana, mashed
75g (1/3 cup) unsalted butter, melted
150g (3/4 cup) Natvia
1 tsp vanilla
190g (1 1/2 cup) all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
For cream cheese filling
125g (4 oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
50g (1/4 cup) Natvia
3 tbsp all purpose flour
How to make cream cheese filled banana loaf bread:
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 4 x 8 inch loaf tin with melted butter and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed banana, melted butter, Natvia, egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into prepared loaf tin.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, egg, Natvia and flour until smooth with no lumps. Spread cream cheese mixture into loaf tin and even the top.
- Pour the remaining 1/3 of the banana loaf batter on top and slightly swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 1 hour - 1 hour 10 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack. Remove the banana bread, slice and serve.
With all my love <3