Look at that thin layer of strawberry jam!
Archibald's honey is a 100% Australian Honey. This big yellow bucket of honey. is from Honey 蜜蜜針! Check out more at their FaceBook Page!
I added some natural honey for amber color and sweetness.
Also, another credit to Natvia! It is a sweetener which is made out of organic stevia. 100% natural sugar, a great healthy substitute to our white sugar that it consists of 97% less calories.
The cornmeal in this recipe has given these biscotti more specialist texture, an awesome bursting of cranberries, strawberries and honey flavor. How incredible when American cookie dunked in Italian coffee!
This post is part of the monthly link up party Our Growing Edge. This event aims to connect food bloggers and inspire us to try new things. This month is hosted by Cynthia at Eat Munch Love.
250g (1 3/4 cup) all purpose flour
110g (3/4 cup) cornmeal
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
40g (3 tbsp) unsalted butter
40g (3 tbsp) peanut butter
70g (1/3 cup) Natvia
110g (1/3 cup) Honey
2 large eggs
100g (1 cup) dried cranberries
60g (1/4 cup) strawberry jam
How to make peanut butter and jelly cornmeal biscotti:
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, peanut butter until fluffy. Add Natvia, honey and eggs, one at a time, mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Using a spatula or a wooden spoon, fold in dried cranberries and stir until the batter comes together. Divide the batter into half.
- For each half, spread half of the batter and form a log on prepared baking sheet. Spread 1/8 cup strawberry jam evenly on top and spread the remaining half batter. Reform the log using damp hand. Repeat for the remaining halved batter.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and turn down to 140C. Let the logs to cool for 10 minutes before handling.
- Slice the logs diagonally into 1/2 inch thick. Arrange the slices, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Return them to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
With all my love <3